Friday, June 17, 2011

Report Viewer - Problem Showing Chinese Characters on PDF

One of the common problem on Report Viewer is showing unicode characters on the pdf report. Instead of showing the correct characters, the report will show question mark (????) for the unicode characters. For me, I need to display chinese character in the pdf report. There are 2 steps required to get it done:

1. Install East Asian Languages on the server  (I'm not 100% sure though, whether client's machine also need to install it. ). Server restart is required after the installation.

2. Change the font type of your report / textbox in your report that will need to display unicode characters. I tried several chinese fonts but so far, only 1 works for me, which is DFKai-SB.

Hope this helps. Happy programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment